Keeping a household running smoothly is a lot of work. It’s time-consuming. And generally not considered fun. There are chores we cannot do, don’t have time to do or just don’t want to do. Good news! On-demand home services are available for a fee. Need furniture assembled? Handyman? Plumber? Car detailed? No problem – there’s an app for that!
On-demand TV programming, food delivery and ridesharing have become commonplace. Because of the popularity of on-demand home services, partly due to Covid-19, more services and locations are continually being added.
Below are some businesses that offer mobile home services in the Philadelphia area (and elsewhere for some). They were chosen at random based on location, reviews and website. I am not being compensated.
CATEGORY (sampling of available services)
- Task Rabbit and Handy: Handyman, furniture assembly, yard work, painting, housecleaning, plumbing.
Beauty and Fitness
- Epic Mobile Detailing: Auto detailing in the tri-state area.
- Aeyes Mobile Detailing: Auto detailing (Philly and surrounding counties and parts of NJ and DE).
FYI: Amazon Home Services, launched in 2015, is going through a transition. Services available now, in certain zip codes, are primarily assembly of furniture, outdoor grill and fitness equipment, and home theater installation. At some point, Amazon expects to offer typical home services like painter, handyman and plumber. Services are guaranteed under Amazon’s Happiness Guarantee. Stay tuned.
A FEW CAVEATS
- The above information is from the companies’ websites.
- Some services may not be available in your area but check back for added services and locations.
- Check reviews and references before hiring.
- Ask about Covid protocol.
- An Organized Approach provides the above businesses and services for information purposes only and does not endorse, recommend or assume any liability.
If you want to learn more about time management and getting things done, my blog posts Too Much to do? How to Get More Done in Less Time and What’s the Secret to Getting Things Done? give ways to gain time and be more productive.
Consider if your time and money are better spent doing the work yourself or hiring help. Plenty of on-demand home services are available so search online for what’s available in your area.